winner...winner...chicken dinner...

This is a 'bonus post' please scroll down to see my regular saturday post

Okay, so my boy recently told me the Winner...Winner thing is from a McDonald's commercial?

I had no idea...I read it on someone else's blog and I thought it was pretty catchy...those McDonald's marketing peeps...LOL...can I tell you the last time I had a meal at McDonald's was back in 1995 when I was pregnant with my dd?! I was big into Super Size Fries and Egg McMuffins...I need to emphasize "big" as I became HUGE...LOL

Okay, okay...sorry, straying from the task on hand...I tend to do that...get distracted...anywho's...on Thursday I asked you all what you thought I was making:

I had a total of 26 correct guesses...I guess I wasn't being too sneaky about it :)

Yuppers...it is an Advent Calendar...actually a cookie sheet Advent Calendar....I was so very inspired by this one on the Pink Paislee blog. I know! Gorgeous...isn't it??!!! Her's was much more labor intensive, I used all pre-made embellies by Making Memories, Basic Grey and Stampin' Up.



Although I'm still not 100% finished, I thought I'd show you anyways:)

I learned a TON making this...

1. Teflon...when they say non-stick, they mean non-stick {note, do not use a teflon coated cookie sheet}

2. Not all cookie sheets are magnetic

3. If your cookie sheet isn't magnetic, keep the magnets on the embellies, it gives the calendar a nicer look.

I'll get back to the deets on the lessons I learned...I know that you all want to know the winner of the chicken dinner:


Laura O'Donnell said...
whoa, crazy text again!love the card, and I'm guessing advent calendar!
October 29, 2009 2:30 AM

Yahooooo Laura...

Yup, for you early birds {like laura} you may have noticed that originally that post had that very irritating font issue, again....I think that I've figured out when that tends to happen to me....I am constantly "fussing" with my posts...I tend to start them days before they actually "go live" but go back to them again and again...adding...deleting...continually picking at them...I must do something to the html that makes the font huge and squooshed together...I dunno...I'm no techie...I just date one:)

Anywho's...can you tell I've been chugging down the 'ole coffee? LOL

Congrats Laura...send me your snail mail...I have an email button on my side bar:)

Quick notes about the Advent Calendars...we initally just used any 'ole cookie sheets...not really thinking about teflon coating...Luckily my friend was able to cleverly disguise some magnets in the upper and lower corners of her calendar to hold everything onto the cookie sheet.

I switched out my teflon cookie base with another silver cookie sheet...even spray painted it white {patting myself on the back for doing that..} only to find out that the magnets wouldn't stick...I thought that they had earlier...cripes...so then I started ripping off the semi-expensive magnets off the backs of the embellies thinking that I would make another advent calendar and use those magnets...I did that to about 5 days of embellies and then realized that I liked the 'height' that the magnets gave the embellies...grrrrr....so I put them back onto the embellies.

Live and Learn Ladies...Live and Learn.

I'm going to make 2 more advent calendars for my kidlets. Theirs will be the 12 days of christmas using watchmaker tins...watch for that in the coming weeks.

Good grief...I'm a chatty cathy this morning...

Remember that I have another blog candy:

Got Tunes?

You have until Saturday, October 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight time to post your comment.

Okay, off to blurf and get another cup of coffee....here's hoping for 2 DRY soccer games today!!!


Comments

AMY!!! That is soooooo cute! I might just have to make one of these!

And! I didn't know about the winner winner thing either...!
Steph said…
ROFL! You're so fabulous! I love your little stories, sound like just thesort of thing that'd happen to me!

x
Rose said…
Hi Amy! Love the advent calendar! I thought Winner Winner Chicken dinner came from a Seinfeld episode. I actually started saying it from my hubby - I'll ask him where he first heard it. Woulda never guessed McDonald's! Have a great weekend, girl! :) Happy Halloween!
cnelson said…
love the advent calendar! you have inspired me to make one!
Anonymous said…
`WoW` this is flamin `gorgeous` Amy!!!i love it!!!
Happy Halloween...:)xxx
bethchien said…
live and learn, live and learn.

ahahah, your lessons learned are funny!
Love the calender babe
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Sparkplug17 said…
What a fun project! Thanks for sharing your knowledge about the cookie sheets. I was excited it was sunny this morning...but I just noticed it started to rain.
Angie Tieman said…
This is gorgeous, Amy!! I love the polka dot background!
Ingrid said…
The advent calendar is gorgeous, Amy. Love it!

Happy Halloween!
Tami said…
you are so amazing amy dear. Wow...this came out great. Memory Box has a new clear advent set. have you seen it???

tami
what did u do on halloweenie nite? I went to archiver's to a Halloween crop. It was fun.
Anonymous said…
I don't know about Mcdonald's but I know Guy Fierri from FoodNetwork uses it a LOT..."Winner, Winner..Chicken Dinner". Hey, it really doesn't matter because we all use it from time to time LOL...love stories as I tell a few when I post as well.
itsallrosi said…
wow, what a nice surprise!

love the calendar, you're inspiring me to alter something!
Oh I love this Amy what a great idea!!!!
Jane said…
Awesome project! Love it!
Dana Gustafson said…
OH
MY
GOODNESS!
I loooooooove this!
Savitri said…
What winner winner winner thing? Last time I watch a TV ad was in 2003 I think :P Maybe 04. So I have no idea what you're talking about :P

Your advent project though... WOW!! You make me want to do one!!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy, this is fabulous and all those felties make me dizzy with delight. I might just have to make one of those.
claudia shadler said…
Wow Amy, you made that? That's awesome! Luv the cute embellishments, so much fun and color! Awesome, awesome! Never thought of making one, hmm...let's see how creative I can be, hee! :D

Hugs
Clouds :D
Kay said…
*GASP*!!! Amy, this Advent calendar is spectacular!!!! Oh wow!!!! You must have heard my jaw drop. I gotta get busy and make me one of these!!!! Super gorgeous, sista....super gorgeous!!!! ♥♥ Kay
Janetcraft said…
oh Amy! This is marvellous...I like this cute calendar, cna I have one??

Janet
lauren bergold said…
sweet mother of CHRISTMAS PEARLS!!!!!!!

ok, that is not a bona-fide saying...but i needed something NEW to express my delight at this maginificent creation! WOW! and yeeeeeeowza! and holy moly, even! good golly, this thing is AMAZING...dude, you SO ROCK the xmas embellies!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

ps: the chicken dinner expression is from a mcd's commercial? is it from a really really OLD one? b/c i remember that saying from childhood...(like early 70's-ish) and i think it was old THEN...