Gilded Glitter and the Joys of Summer

I'm a huge fan of quotes and recently received my Quotopia order...it is packed with wonderful quotes like the one that will be on the interior of this gilded glitter cage card. It reads:

A bird doesn't sing
because it has an
answer, it sings
because it has a
song...
maya angelou

Back to the card...I used the sweet gilded cage stamp ala Memory Box. It is one wood block with two images, the cage and the bird.

I've been noticing that I'm drawn to cards that have a splash of glitter...the cards don't need to be saturated with the glitz but just have enough sparkle to make the images pop.
I'm sure that I'm like other rubber stampers...I get a ton of inspiration looking at cards in shops. Typically, I don't dare BUY any because well, I have enough supplies to make a whole shop full of cards...but I did happen to buy a card while in BC because of the very cool quote and the splash of glitter that I loved. As soon as I find the perfect frame, I'll share it with you..

I wanted to share this picture of my kids while we were on Granville Island. We were waiting for the Water Taxi, you can see it making its way to us, to take us back to Stanley Park....the joys of summer...

-------------------------------------------------------

stamps: memory box and inque boutique ink: stampin' up bashful blue & versafine vintage sepia paper: stampin' up chocolate chip & bashful blue accessories: fiskars threading water border punch {i'm sorry, i really don't like the name of this punch}, stampin' up dazzling diamonds

Comments

JenMarie said…
Beautiful, love it! ...I just got this stamp myself!
Lauren said…
I love the sparkly birdie cage - it's the perfect touch to the card. Great photo of the kids too.
Angie Tieman said…
What a sweet picture of your kids by the water! Love the card and that quote too! I agree with the little bit of sparkle, although I have been known to go overboard sometimes! lol!
Carla said…
I had to super size it just so I could see all the pretty, glittery details! Great pic of your kiddos, too!
Allison Rankin said…
So clean a design...love that image!
Carolina said…
What a touching poem - love Maya Angelou! She has a way of putting emotions and feelings into words and then those words into sentences that evoke such emotions - a true poet!

You card is just darlin' and the just the perfect amount of glitter without taken away the beauty of the image - thanks so much for sharing!
Julia Aston said…
Love the glittery cage on your card and scalloped edge! wonderful sentiment! Perfect sentiments really make a card don't they!

Looks like you had a fun trip with your kids!
Jill said…
I love that gilded cage--absolutely fabulous!