recess rocks!

I think that I've been blogging since November 2007....I didn't post any pictures, quotes, or projects over the weekend....a first for me. What does that say? I'm really overwhelmed with work and consistently overload my "personal plate". I was just talking about that yesterday with a co-worker...while at work. I long for the "boring life". Nah, boring is bad, boring means there is no creativity or excitement. I am going to go to posting m-f...no weekends...weekends are for catching up on blogs on my Google Reader {how many do YOU all have in your reader??}...being highly creative...and it goes without say, spending time with my kids.

Okay, onto my card....

I recently picked up the Basic Grey Recess 6x6 pad and have discovered some gorgeous prints. The last day of school for my kids is a week from tomorrow so I'm busy creating the perfect cards for my son's 2 teachers and finishing up their gifts..more to come on that :) My daughter is finishing up middle school and will be going into junior high so I'm off the hook for her teachers although I did offer...I think the response was "rolling of the eyes"...

-------------------------------------------------------------

paper: basic grey recess, misc black & kraft accessories: slit punch, rabom grosgrain, dymo


Comments

Lauren said…
Love your card Amy. I follow the M-F posting taking the weekends off. I find it to be much easier. Good luck with it.
Anonymous said…
I love the card and I have been doing the M-F thing and if I do a weekend, it's because hubby's working on the car and I have time to do crafty stuff with M and have something to share. But, lately, I've skipped weekends OR, I let WordPress post for me. Not sure about Blogger but with WP I can set a date and time for publishing. So I won't be online on the weekends but my blog will have a new post :) I didn't post this weekend. Too many personal events going on, which are more important if you kwim.

Oh Google Reader... ha! I had 61 when I opened mine up this morning. Good thing you didn't post or that'd be 63 :)
Angie Tieman said…
Recess does rock!! Love this paper, need to dig mine out! Your card is fab, love that dymo label! I don't blame you for taking back your weekends, good idea! Sometimes my google reader gets over 100 and I start freaking out. Hubby likes to say "Yes, by all means, stress out over something that you're supposed to enjoy and do for fun." Darn him!
Linda McClain said…
Wow, that paper is gorgeous, and you embellished so perfectly. Beautiful.
Tandra said…
Wow that is just beautiful!!Wonderful colors!
I LOVE how it doesnt look like standard teacher gifts-blue & red with apples and alphas all over!
Have a great day!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous. don't worry about how often you post. just do it when the time and mood come together!
Julia Aston said…
what great paper! perfect for your teacher cards - this is lovely! bet they will really appreciate these!
Anonymous said…
OH, I miss you over at SCS, my friend...but you've been very very busy creating lovely cards! guess I'll have to hop over every now and then...love the chadelier tags!!!
Carolina said…
Beautiful card Amy and love the Basic Grey paper - totally agree with you about the prints they're amazing at coming up with such original ones!

I think you've managed to find a good solution to help you with some life balance - good for you!
JenMarie said…
Ooo, totally beautiful!
GiftsByHeidi said…
Gorgeous card! Love that paper!