Wasabi Damask

I participated in the Splitcoaststamper's Featured Stamper challenge a couple weeks ago. How could I resist...it was Silke! I LOVE her cards...she always has layers and layers of paper and wonderful embellishments. This is Silke's Love and Happiness card that I picked to case and this is my Bashful Damask. I ended up sending my card to a couple of friends as a thank you for commissioning some cards. They turned around and then wanted something similar to my Bashful Damask to send as a Mother's Day card. Love how that all works...lol...I've been buying K&Co flat back pearls...can't get enough of those things!! This Wasabi Damask has more stitching than the Bashful version...I went ahead and stitched the Damask panel too. I've become so comfortable with the ole Janome that it has become routine to have stitching on my cards....saves on adhesive {lol}.
---------------------------------------------------------------
stamps: stampin' up damask paper: stampin' up chocolate chip & wild wasabi ink: versafine vintage sepia accessories: k&co flat back pearls and my janome.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
I hope that you all have a ton planned or perhaps you would rather stay at home and relax {translation = stamp}. Today I have a jam packed day of work and fun...

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
Gorgeous!! This one looks good in Wasabi too! I guess it's settled, I *must* get a Janome, especially now that I know I will save on adhesive!
Anonymous said…
amy is that bashful damask a stampin up set?
Anonymous said…
nevermind LOL i saw the supply list hahahahhaa
Allison Rankin said…
This is lovely...a great take on the card! I'm pulling out my machine today too!
Lisa Carroll said…
Amy, this is GORGEOUS! Every thing about it is WOW!
Carla said…
Great job, Amy!You are an expert at stitching, it looks so perfect!!
Elaine said…
Oh my that is so elegant and the colors make it earthy and great for a guy if need be! I love the other blog that you mentioned too- she has some neat cards!
Silke Ledlow said…
WOW - Amy - this is gorgeous!!! Awesome colors - love how you used the stitching!!!
Silke Ledlow said…
Amy - I'm so goofy.... I saw this gorgeous card without reading your deeds....I was just - WOW this is gorgeous and after I have looked closer I saw that you have cased one of my cards....

This makes this card even more gorgeous - he,he,he!!!
Just kidding - I love it regardless!!! Well done!!!
Carolina said…
Gorgeous! Love the color combo, the addition of the stitching and the pearls are just the perfect touch.

Happy Mother's Day!!!
Pinky Roth said…
Amy, your sewing is perfect. I have not ventured into sewing on a card yet, maybe someday, LOL! I love this card...it is so classy!

Pinky

PS HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!
Anonymous said…
Happy Mother's Day!

This is a gorgeous card. I'm going to have to get a sewing machine at some point in time. Somehow I got one that only stitches in a straight line, no zig zags.

I love the colors and the stamp you used. Very classy.
What a beautiful card!!! Just love it all!!! Great job!!! And I'm so happy to see the proper pronunciation for your last name -- LOL!!! It challenged me!!! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
Jill said…
absolutely gorgeous! I am going to miss Wasabi so much when it retires!