Biased....

I volunteered to make a couple sets of cards to donate to my son's school. They are putting together a Raffle for Teacher Appreciation Week. When I read the email I didn't even hesitate to step up because I really do appreciate what they do! Well, when I was talking to my son about what I wanted to donate, he wasn't too thrilled. I was going to put together some CAS {clean & simple} fabriano cards...right up my alley. He said, "Mom, you should really do some fancy ones too!". Don't you just love what kids say? So, here is one of my fancier ones....I bought this Hampton Arts image last month in West Seattle. It is screaming to be paper pieced, don't you agree? When I bought the image I totally thought of the most FABulous Donna Downey. Yes, I am secretly hoping that her talent will rub off on me if I buy something that I think she owns or would buy...LOL. Typing about DD...sheesh, uber talented....love her paintings!

Anywho's....Here is one of two designs that I managed to do last night. {At one point, the kids commented to each other about the "weird noise" I made...my stamping area is right around the corner from the family room....I totally DROPPED the stamp that was totally loaded up with VersaFine ONYX BLACK....it was the "slow motion thing"....and yes, it landed ink DOWN on the carpet...sigh.} The paper is from my highly neglected Rock Star stack. It really is quite the fabulous stack since the papers are sooo different...embossed...flocked...metallic. This "You Rock" card is the only other one that I've made using it...

----------------------------------------------
stamps: hampton arts paper: fabriano and dcwv ink: versafine onyx black accessories: may arts ribbon techniques: paper piecing and fussy cutting

Comments

Lauren said…
Great job. This is fabulous!
Janine said…
This is sooooo nice!!!
Angie Tieman said…
She is gorgeous!!! The paper you used is perfect, and yes, she does scream for paper piecing. Love her and so great of you to donate for teachers!! ;-)
Allison Rankin said…
This is beautiful...love that coloring with the paper!
Elaine said…
Love the "YOU ROCK" card, Amy! I too bought that stack and only used it ONE TIME for my niece's birthday card last year!