The Heart Desires featuring Flora & Fauna...congratulations




So the summer is literally flying by and I have so much NBUS that it is embarrassing.  I have been looking at a bunch of new Flora & Fauna that I picked up from The Heart Desires.  The perfect time to whip up two 'New Home' cards!


I did a feminine and masculine version!   First up is the masculine version:


Starting with a black note card, I layered a vellum panel and then an oval text panel.  The Flora & Fauna glass dome was cut twice, once in black for the pedestal and another time in white.  Although it doesn't look like it, the house from the Flora & Fauna Glass Dome stamp set has been stamped, colored and fussy cut.  I used the Flora & Fauna Texture stamp set with Distress Oxide Inks for a funky sunset.  


The sentiment is from an Altenew set that I had in my stash.  I hit the corner of the card with some star washi tape.

Next up is my feminine version:


Who doesn't love nautical?  I'm so glad that the trend is still going strong.  I layered some Authentique paper from my stash along with a vellum panel and the same Altenew sentiment.  The Flora & Fauna glass dome was cut twice, once in black for the pedestal and another time in white. I used the Hero Arts Wave Stencil in Broken China Distress Oxide.  The mermaid is from the Flora & Fauna Under the Sea stamp set.  I've stamped and colored her with Zig Clean Color Markers.

My card was inspired by Muse/Kim Heggins:









Comments

Fikreta said…
your cards are so nice!
love them!
hugs
These are gorgeous! LOVING that house and the mermaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cris G. said…
They are both adorable, this new brand seems to have great stamps! The mermaid is super cute!
donna mikasa said…
Love both versions--the mermaid is super cute!
Kim Heggins said…
Amy....so in love with both of your cards! Your sweet mermaid is as cute as can be in the dome and that house is amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse this week!
I Card Everyone said…
Two darling F&F sets - yet to hit my stash - and look at you using more of those fab papers you have! Both darling, amy...
=]
Lucille K said…
Both of your cards are so nice. I just love the little mermaid card :)
Ardyth said…
Love the patterns you've used with the mermaid! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!
Marilyn said…
Fun cards. Your mermaid card is a wonderful rendition of Kim's muse.
foleysfriend said…
These cards are adorable; I love how you were able to make the items in the glass dome stand out among quite "busy" elements.