Hero Arts: Sweet Birthday Wishes




Happy National Ice Cream Day!  Here in the Pacific Northwest we're having another warm summer.  Although this morning is overcast,  today is suppose to get to 71 degrees, perfect in my book.  I think warm weather and ice cream are made for each other, don't you agree?


Any other Matcha Green Tea fans?!  Oh I love that stuff in any form...soft serve ice cream?!  Yes, Please!  I had fun with the Hero Arts Color Layering Ice Cream set!  



The ice cream is made of Green Hills + Lime Green.  The cone is Soft Vanilla + Soft Brown.



I used the Rectangle Infinity Dies on the striped panel.  I used Peerless Watercolors for the stripes.  The sentiment has been stamped with Chalkboard dye ink on a Foliage panel.  It started off as a circle, with the help of the Circle Infinity Dies but I decided it was too tall so I layered a Rectangle Infinity die on top of it and made a more design friendly shape!

My card was inspired by CASology:








Comments

Laurel said…
OH yum! This is sweet!
SugarGem said…
Ooo I do like green tea ice-cream on occasion. Super cute
SugarGem said…
Ooo I do like green tea ice-cream on occasion. Super cute
DIANA L. said…
YUM!!! I love that ice cream (pistachio) and three is even better.
Judy1223 said…
Amy, Happy National Ice Cream Day! Your green ice cream cones are fabulous, so sweet! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology!
Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fikreta said…
Oh this is so nice card!
Annette Allen said…
I so love this.. the green ice cream and pink background.. PERFECT
Adorable card! I'm an 80s girl and still like pink and green together!!!

Matcha ice cream sounds delightful right now. It's 10a and we're already at 82* and heading up. ~melting~
Tracey McNeely said…
Matcha Green Tea soft serve--awesome Amy!
I Card Everyone said…
amy I don't know matcha bout green tea, but ice cream [in any flavor] I could write a novel about!
This is the 'prettiest' ice cream stamp I've laid eyes on...
=]
Jen W. said…
Love the green and pink combo but I gotta admit I'm not convinced about the matcha green tea ice cream... :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Cris G. said…
Super beautiful card, Amy... makes me want to eat it! Unfortunately, I can't totally agree that "warm weather and ice cream are made for each other". I mean, it's great to have ice cream in warm weather, but for a slow ice cream taster like me, sometimes the melting hits me before I eat it. That's why I don't mind to have it in the winter... also :).
donna mikasa said…
Matcha? Yes, ma'am! You've inked the cone and ice cream just perfectly, too. Oh, and the pink stripes are yummy, too!
Karen B. said…
Love how you canuse green without abandon!