Essentials by Ellen October Pin-Sights Challenge




Hello!  So excited to be a Guest Designer for the Essentials by Ellen October Pin-Sights Challenge!  Check out this gorgeous inspiration board:





Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  To be eligible, you must use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration.


There is so much to be inspired by!  My first card showcases the fall leaves.  The Essentials by Ellen, Autumn Acorns is perfect:

cardstock:  ranger watercolor, hero arts kraft  stamps:  essentials by ellen/autumn acorns ink:  hero hues black, distress ink crushed olive/wild honey

I made this card especially for my Brother and Sister-in-Law.  They live in North Carolina and that's where the boy will be spending his first out of state Thanksgiving with (sigh).  I'm not going to lie, it's a tough one for me but so glad that I could invite him over to my brother's home.

Check out the interior:


That sentiment is seriously perfect!  I'm sending it to my boy so that he can write a little note to them and then pop it in the mail.

So, I have a bonus card for you all....

cardstock:  ranger watercolor  stamps: essentials by ellen/thankful  ink:  ranger archival black other:  peerless watercolors, pretty pink posh stitched duo 2

I initially filled in the background with a pale grey watercolor and then started filling in loads of color.  Yes, I'm lovin' exposed corrugated cardboard.  I have so much cardboard and it adds so much lovely texture and interest that you'll be seeing it a lot!  I'm loving all the images in the Essentials by Ellen Thankful set!

I can't wait to see how you're inspired!  


Comments

Lynn said…
Stunning fall cards Amy.
tonyamaries said…
Amy these are wonderful! Love the cardboard too!
Vicki Dutcher said…
So simple, yet perfect! I do love the dinner sentiment - very appropriate.
Sylvia said…
Beautiful cards, Amy, love them both! Love those stamps! I remember my Amy's first year in college, we were living in Scotland and she going to school in Texas....her first Thanksgiving without us, but she was with my parents! After that she enjoyed every Thanksgiving there until we came home and we were all there! Happy Thursday! and no it doesn't get easier!
maria f. said…
That second card! Wow! Beautiful watercolored images.
I Card Everyone said…
You are the most thoughtful person, amy ... your boy will be so happy that you've helped him with this card! Congrats on this gig ... you've rocked it, as always!
=] m
Amy Rohl said…
Those leaves (on both cards) are fabby, girl! LOVE your designs and THANK YOU for being such a supporter with your lovely comments. I wanna be more like you!
Annette Allen said…
yay for Fall.. these are gorgeous..
Love the leaf background! So perfect for fall!
Marlena M. said…
I totally see how hard that can be. I pray it goes well for both of you (as well as can be expected).Beautiful rustic creations Amy~
Unknown said…
Love your fall cards Amy!!
Helen F. said…
Your first card is a beautiful CAS design, pretty coloring on those leaves.
AND Amy, I love that corrugated cardboard panel under those lovely leaves :-) You know I've used lots of junk mail and packaging goodies on my cards, but I must draw the line somewhere ~ although I believe there may be a box or two in the recycle bin ...
CONGRATS on the GDT! These are gorgeous! LOVING the leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Two Ultra Fabulous Cards! Love the stamps & sentiments too! And oh yes... I agree the exposed cardboard is a perfect ingredient ;-)
Kristie Goulet said…
Love these cards, Amy! Perfect!!!
Lisa Elton said…
Pretty fall cards Amy!! The texture on the second is fun!
Audrey Pettit said…
Congratulations, Amy! Your projects are adorable! I love all things fall, and your cards capture everything I love about the season. Lots of gorgeous color and fun fall leaves. I really love the rustic touch the cardboard adds, too!
Cris G. said…
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous cards, Amy. The first one is a classic beauty, I'm sure your boy will be thinking of you and in how lucky he is to have you as a mom, during Thanksgiving. The second card... well, I love when you use different materials than just cardstock. The exposed corrugated cardboard and watercolor are just perfect... and the colors are gorgeous for the inspiration piece and for this time of year, these are my fall/winter favorite colors.
Congratulations on being GD for the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge!
Kim Heggins said…
So beautiful...love those fabulous fall colors.
jessica said…
Super FABULOUS cards Amy!!!
laury55 said…
fantastic cards...love the different shades on the first one
Miriam Prantner said…
Great cards! Love the texture from the cardboard!
Rubeena I. said…
So simple but wonderful!