a little something...




and I'm back....

It's been 4 weeks since I last posted 'for fun'.  All the other posts since then have been Design Team projects.  I'm back today with a 'just for fun' project and some chit chat.

First up, my project:


Excuse my photos as I'm trying to maneuver a different DSLR than I usually use.  Why is that?  My boy and girl are on vacation, visiting Hong Kong for their first time.  I always use the boy's camera now I'm back to using Darin's which I can't figure out the settings...gah...technology!  The kids sent me pics and a video today which made me tear up....miss them but I'm so happy they are having such a good time.

So back to my project,  here's a little giftie that is going to a special friend.  Yes, I'm using the Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti and this time I made them into peaches instead of oranges:)

























I could easily become a fruit-a-tarian...I love fruit and have several servings a day.  Which reminds me when my boy claimed that he was going to be a vegetarian.   That's when I had to break the news to him, he had to actually consume vegetables and not just pb&j.  

The journal card is by Chickaniddy Crafts and so is the solid peach paper.  It's the Date Night Collection.

I added cork, felt and May Arts Jute.

Typing about Chickaniddy...did you see that they are having a Craft Team Call?  I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the Chickaniddy Craft Team.  I've learned so much...been so inspired by my Teamies....Heidi is Awesome....the products are FABulous.


Did I ever tell you about my Chickaniddy story?  I saw the team call and 'stored it in my memory bank'...then the wonderful Loly messaged me about it.  She said it was calling my name.  That was the push I needed and I applied that very day.  Big shout out to Loly.  It was my first 'manufacturer design team' and I'm so happy that Heidi gave me this fabulous opportunity.

So, what am I trying to say?  You love Chickaniddy products?  You should apply.

Need more of a push?

Have you seen the 2 new to be released collections & give-a-ways?






If you've made it down to here, I thank you.  I would love to leave you with just one more thing.  

I feel so very fortunate to work for a company that is dedicated to developing products that assist physicians in their quest to improve the lives of cancer patients.


Please, it will just take 3 minutes to view this Kickstarter video for The Violet Sessions:



Why is it called "The Violet Sessions"?  To honor a brave and feisty 11 year old girl who inspires all of us - and to raise awareness of her legacy at Project Violet. 

I'm a proud backer of this Kickstarter Campaign...won't you consider becoming a backer too?  As I type up this post there are 88 backers.  When it hits 100, a generous family has offered to donate $10,000 to Project Violet.

If you do donate, please let me know...either leave me a comment here or email me directly {see right side bar}....I will send you a RAK.  That's how passionate I feel about this cause.
{please make donations by 11:59 pm pacific, Sunday, July 20th to be eligible for RAK}

With my many thanks in advance,

amy♥



Comments

Kay Miller said…
Oh I love just for fun projects! This is so cute Amy! Love that you made peaches! So funny about your boy being a vegetarian! haha!
Lynn said…
Oh I am sure you are missing your kids. What an amazing trip for them! Love your just because gift.
Ashley Horton said…
Such a great project Amy, and glad to hear your son and daughter are having a good trip!
Laurel said…
Such a cute project Amy!
Shelly said…
Such a cute gift! Love your little peaches! And your post is very sweet! ;)
Tenia Nelson said…
Awesome project and AWESOME blog post!!
Lisa Lara said…
Love how you decorated your little package Amy!
wendipooh13 said…
super cute packing and LOVE the peaches!!! LOL totally funny about your sons vegetarian attempt!!
Celeste Goff said…
What a fun project Amy!
jessica said…
LOVE your little gift!!! Such a cutie that tag is!!
AWESOME job!
Outside Inn said…
Yeah for crafting for fun and look at all these shameless plugs in here- you go girl.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Lucky Kiddos. I bet they are having a great time.
I could be a vegetarian too as I love PB&J!
Cindy Lovell said…
Great post,Amy!! I bet you miss your kids! But at least they are having a great time!! :)
Your project is awesome! I love the cute peaches and the paper!
Audrey Pettit said…
Aww, I am so happy to see you posting just "for fun", Amy! Your little package is sooo adorable! I am such a huge fan of brown paper parcels! :) LOVE your little peaches with their cork stems and felt leaves. And thanks for sharing all your news, too. Your kiddos sure are lucky! And I will definitely check out the Project Violet!
(oh, and by the way...thank you, thank you for all the sweet comments you leave for me around blogland. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate each and every one!)
Jinny Newlin said…
Love those sweet, little peaches, Amy, and you simply can't go wrong pairing them with kraft!
amy, you are very sweet when you tell about your family....and your projects are sweet too!!
As the recipient of this fine gift I can tell you it is way more gorgeous in person than any picture can show, it just doesn't do it justice. I am carefully saving the stuff so I can upcycle them (don't worry, I'll give you credit!). :) Thank you for being such a wonderful friend! HUGS!
cm said…
AMY! Time for me to trying to catch up on the gallery of gorgeous calling my name! Your little package tag here is adorable! So sweet with that yummy little tag! I knew Katie would love it, as do I!
Hugs~c