Poppy Sketches #2: wheee...

Post 2 of 2 for me today...click HERE for my special Guest Designer post!



We're back with a new challenge over at



Here's the sketch and Pop of Color:


Our super sponsor is



I played with



I stamped the images with Black Soot Distress Ink and used a paintbrush to swirl around the ink:


I colored in the hat/shirt & shoes with distress markers (barn door/broken china).  I lightly hit it with the paintbrush that was slightly damp.

I finished off my card with a Hero Arts Fancy Felt Button (thank Lisa Spangler!) and Divine Twine in Black Licorice.

Can you tell that this card is a smidge taller?  To accommodate the tree image, my black base is 4.25 x 6.

I wanted to share my blooper card:


Yes, I was so concentrated on my watercoloring that I forgot about the Pop of Color!  I still wanted to share this card because, check out those leaves stamped in Distress Ink mowed lawn (my favorite!).

So although my Fall card is for the Poppy Sketches challenge, I wanted to also share my Summer version.

I can't wait to see how the challenge inspires you!

Make sure you check out the Poppy Sketches blog

and my teamies


Comments

Tracey McNeely said…
FUN and love your blooper too!
Miriam Prantner said…
These are so cute! I love the wheee sentiment!
:) I LOVE both versions of this one! ...and the wheee sentiment is so FUN!!!
jessica said…
These are beautiful!! Such fun cards Amy!
cm said…
Wheee to both, Amy! Fun, fresh and fabulous!
c
wendipooh13 said…
oh wow love both versions!!!
Annette Allen said…
oh my these are so adorable.. love that image..
Kelly said…
too funny! I did the SAME THING last week. I followed the sketch, finished a card and then saw the colors on the pic. anyway, both are darling!!! love those leaves!
Laura Davis said…
Both are super cute, loooove the watercoloring!
Laura
Soooooooo cute cute cute! I want a tire swing!!!!
Squirlygirl said…
Both of your cards are so fun Amy! Makes me think of my little men on the tire swing in our backyard.
~Hugs~
Sylvia said…
Both cards are fun, Amy, I love the second one, but understand it is supposed to be a "pop"...but whose to say how big "Pop" is? LOL! Was my pop bigger than your pop? Okay enough...I am tired! Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Heather North said…
How fun to find another sketch challenge. :) I'm glad you shared both cards because I like both versions. Nice technique with the distress inks.
yyam said…
Love the black mat and the pop of colour.

P/s: The blooper card looks amazing actually.
Lisa Petrella said…
Fantastic cards in BOTH seasons, Amy!! They totally make me smile!!!
alexandra s.m. said…
I love them both!
Fabulous stamps!!
TFS
Aimes said…
That's exactly what I'd say swinging from that tree! ;)
Thanks for sharing the blooper card - it's fabulous! :D
Celeste Goff said…
What adorable cards!
Jessi Fogan said…
I love them both! And I so hear you -how many times I've worked on a DT project & forgotten that when it will be published the holiday is over, or that I was supposed to do a twist, or a sponsor image...whoopsie :)
Jingle said…
Your cards are both awesome! And I love that you totally forgot the challenge..I've so done that! HA!
Emily Leiphart said…
That stamp set is adorable and I love both your cards featuring it!!
LOVE both! Your blooper card is pretty fabulous! :)
Lori said…
I love both versions of this design! Your watercoloring is fantastic.
Joni Andaya said…
So Adorable!!! Love this Amy :)