Fancy Pants: Travel, Fall in Love & Be Happy.

post 1 of 2 for me today...click HERE for my Top Dog Dies projects using Authentique sponsored goodies!


So, I've been staring at this sketch for a couple days.  

Kept trying to make things work but nothing was hitting me.  I find that thoroughly frustrating.


Then I received my order from Vanessa at Butterfly Reflections Ink:


BAM


I have a new love for Fancy Pants Designs!


Love that quote because I've picked up a new hobby:


Flying!

Okay, so I'm not technically the pilot...LOL..that's Darin.  But I will learn to land a plane, for safety precautions.


Right now we have the fabulous opportunity to borrow Darin's Buddy's plane.  Darin's will be done early next year.

This past Monday we flew to Friday Harbor:

Friday Harbor is located midway along the eastern shore of San Juan Island, second largest in a chain of 172 islands in the northernmost stretch of Puget Sound, and situated between Canada's Vancouver Island and the Washington State mainland.




The weather was absolutely perfect and our day was too!

Truthfully, the last time I went flying I was pretty nauseous the entire time.  Like too nauseous to concentrate on anything else so I was surprised I caught some good pictures of Snoqualmie Falls.

This time I loaded up on Dramamine and flew on an empty stomach and brought pita chips/rice crackers and water.  Life was good!

Sooooo excited to share this hobby with Darin!




Comments

None None said…
Love this, Amy!! The colors are gorgeous and I especially love the combination of patterns you used. Enjoy your new hobby and I look forward to seeing what photos you share from your new adventure in the skies!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Great card Amy. That sketch is still on my desk and I am still staring at it.
You are much braver than me. I have a fear of heights so could not be in that plane, but the photos are amazing.
dstandard said…
Wonderful card Amy - not an easy sketch to work! Love your photos from your flight!
Love love love your card ... that sentiment ROCKS!!!! And loving the photos from your trip!!!!! I think I am in LOVE with those bikes too!!!!!!
Amy, you are a BRAVE ONE! I am petrified of flying and not sure I could get in that small plane, but sounds like FUN and you got great pics. Darn fears. :P Your card came out really cute. I'm glad your new goodies helped you come up with something for the sketch! Thanks again for your order and support. xo
Jingle said…
OOO! lots of fun goodies! Your card is so cute!
Joni Andaya said…
Ha! You are so Adorable with your plane pics!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. I wish we had your weather here. Yesterday was dreary and wet.

Oh...Pretty Haul by the way, oh and love your card...so Lovely! Have a great week :)
Annette Allen said…
what a fun adventure.. great pictures and super cute card..
Marisa said…
Darling card - now I'll be singing "don't worry be happy" all day LOL! San Juan's are lovely and I have had the honor of flying over them with a buddy years ago. Great pictures!
#1- GOODIES! YAY!
#2- Love this card!
#3- wonderful pics, I hope you had fun. Can't wait to hear about it. :)
Helen F. said…
WOWZers! Love this post, Amy!
from your fabby card to the amazing air shots.
So very happy for you & Darin and this wonderful time in your life...ENJOY THE ADVENTURE, my friend :-)
Shannon J said…
BAM is right! LOVE the card!! And SO cool that you and Darin get to share his hobby together!! So...when are we going to see some of his card making skills on your blog?!!! Fair's fair!! hahahahahaha!!!!
wendipooh13 said…
LOVE LOVE the fun card!!! And how cool about the flying!!! my aunt lived on Friday Harbor island for about 30 years and I got to visit a few times. I'd love to go back, I know it's beautiful!! glad you posted pics!!
Aimes said…
Bam indeedy!
Awesome cards and AMAZING new hobby! You look like a movie star, girlie!:)
Michelle said…
Your card is gorgeous, Amy! And I love your photo story of flying with Darin! Wow!
Lynn said…
Wow! Amazing pictures! What an incredible thing to do! Love your fun card too!
Lyndal said…
Gorgeous card - FAB new hobby & photo opportunity :)
Jennifer said…
Very cute card. How awesome to be flying too!
Rose said…
love your card and what a FUN hobby to share with D :)
crazy girl, where are you going to put all those goodies?
cm said…
Score on the order - looks amazing - and your card that resulted is such a delight! Now sharing the flying hobby with Darin; that's 'true love'! As one petrified of planes, I certainly admire your gumption and courage! WOW!! I've been impressed with you before, but that's shifted to being uber-mega impressed! You're a fire-cracker of inspiration!
c
Audrey Pettit said…
Such a cute card and a super fun sentiment! And omgosh, you are so brave! I am such a nervous flyer...and those tiny planes scare me to death! But what a view! If I could get over my fear, the views would be amazing!
Heather North said…
You are such a brave adventurer. I can totally sympathize with the motion sickness. Thank goodness you felt up to taking pictures. You had an amazing bird's eye view!