so very thankful...


I'm thankful for a lot of things...family being one of them.

I'm thankful for being part of Darin's family, they are the kindest people ever.  His Dad and siblings live out of state....This Christmas his Dad, Sister {brother-in-law/niece} stayed with us. 

I'm sending this to his Sister, my friend...


Here's the thing, she's an awesome cook and did most of the cooking when she was here.  Me, I'm not much of a cook so I truly appreciated all of her hard work.  I don't dare step on the scale for a while!

She is one of those gals that will always stand by you...heart of gold...awesome momma to her girls....


Although she is a pink girl, I'll make up for it for her February birthday.  

I wanted to use the Ready Set Go collection along with a Technique Tuesday stamp set, So Very Thankful by Ali Edwards.  The glitter is actually Glass Glitter by Melissa Frances, I picked it up at CKC.  I added the Studio Calico Wood Veneer snowflakes to give it a more holiday season feel rather than Thanksgiving {due to the colors}.

I was inspired by the latest



'Nother thing that I'm thankful for is my crafty life...

I have a bunch of crafty secrets that will be revealed in the next week or so.  

I'm hoping to make some major changes in my life in 2013.  THIS is going to be the year...more on that later....

Comments

Lynn said…
can't wait to hear your news :)

This is a gorgeous, heartfelt card for your sister-in-law. Awesome!
Sherry Eckblad said…
What a great card, she is going to love it. Those wood veneers just pop on that card.
Can't wait to hear the crafty secrets.
What!?!?!?!?! SECRETS??!!??!?!!? I wanna KNOW!!! :) I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! LOVING the colors and love love love love the snowflakes!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! :)
Miriam Prantner said…
LOVE that glitter! So fun....and you are making me NEED this collection!
Sylvia said…
Love you card, Amy, family can be so much fun! Enjoying having my Andrew around for a bit. I love to get in the kitchen and cook with him. Have a wonderful Friday! Remember that change is good! I have been telling myself that for over 40 years!
Laurel said…
Lovely card, you tease you!
Kim Dellow said…
just beautiful Amy! Kimx
Annette Allen said…
aww this is a super cute card.. I bet his sister will love it.. So nice to hear they are a welcoming and sweet family... Of course they love you... :)
Tracey McNeely said…
She will love this really cute card Amy, how lovely to have all of them in your life!
Ivanka said…
Love this card and the story behind it. Can't wait for your news!!!
Lynn said…
Secrets.... ohhhh... can't wait!!!
Yous SIL will love your card! It's wonderful. xo
Aimes said…
I'd be so very thankful for anyone who can help out with the cooking! I can cook up a storm in a craft room but no so much in a kitchen! LOL!
Love your colour choice - perfect for a gal with a heart of gold :)
Oooh I can't wait to hear your news - I'm assuming it's good....!
Hugs!
x
Rose said…
super card and how nice to have your own "chef" lol
looking forward to hearing your fun news :)
jessica said…
this is gorgeous Amy and will be treasured for sure!!
wendipooh13 said…
FUN bling and snowflakes!!! TOO cute!!!
Jessi Fogan said…
OK, guests that cook? Those are THE BEST! And crafty secrets? Eek! Those are the hardest for me to keep! Cannot wait to find out what's up your sleeve :)
Evelin said…
can't wait for you to reveal your crafty secrets! :D
Love the card and of course, the glitter! :D
love your card Amy! sorry I haven't been by in awhile...I've been spending time with family! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy and healthy new year!
Michelle said…
What a lovely card! It's sweet to hear you sing your sil's praises as well. Secrets??? hmmmm You tease!
~jan said…
Cant wait to hear your secrets, Amy! Looking forward to seeing more craftiness from you in 2013!
MS said…
Hooray for happy family times! Gorgeous card, gorgeous supplies :) I think you should write a book on time management because you fit A LOT in!
Saskia said…
Gorgeous card Amy!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)
LOVELY card! Can't wait to hear your news - you always have so much fun going on!!!
Thanks for being a wonderful and supportive bloggie friend! Happy New Year hugs, Karin
TesaB said…
Wonderful!!!! Both the card and the fact you have her in your life. She sounds like a gem! :)
And wohoo for happy secrets. I think I know one of them - just got a turn down mail, but you would be a prefect fit for them... :) Can't wait to see!!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
This is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE the glitter glass on here!