scrappy sunday

It seems that I keep posting later and later on the weekends and that they are live posts as opposed to scheduled...ahhhh...not enough hours in the day but I'm a persistent whipper snapper that needs her crafty time!

Have you noticed that Scrappy Saturday is turning into Scrappy Sunday?


blogger is NOT cooperating with me...so I'll have to come back later and fix this picture

This layout turned out a ton more labor intensive that I had originally planned...

Check out all that stitching...I'm not usually good about remembering to fill up my bobbin and then it ends up running out...hate that when that happens.  So before I finished off one of the strips on the upper portion of the layout, I took the time to load up my bobbin with more thread.  I'm pretty happy with myself {I mean come on, it is a good feeling to be proactive on things!}....I was a 'zig zaggin' a way...finished up and then took a look at the layout....grrrrrr.....my stitching was wonky...I must not have threaded the machine correctly because it was horrible....So I proceeded to take what seemed like 30 minutes to take out the stitching {note to self, buy seam ripper}...and fixed it up....ahhhh...


The pic of me and Darin was taken at my friend Laurel's wedding on August 6th.  I love the pic in classic black and white but had to sneak in a color pic so that you could see my fancy smancy metallic cardigan sweater:)

I was inspired by the latest challenge over at Sketchy Thursdays:


The Echo Park paper I used was perfect for the current CR84FN challenge:


It was quite the challenge because it seemed like every piece of paper from that Echo Park collect had been sliced into so I had to piece my layout together:)  The bird cage in the upper right hand corner is from the packaging.

Typing about upcycling...

Just a reminder that the LESSology challenge ends today at 11:59 pm EST...


Our Super Sponsor is Creative Charms!!!


Psssttt.....check THIS out....I'm sue-pah excited!!!!!!!

Comments

AJ said…
great layout!! I soooo need to scrap more!! and CONGRATS on your new gig!!
Mona Pendleton said…
Wow! What a super LO Amy! Great way to mix up that pretty patterned paper! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)
Unknown said…
Gorgeous LO Amy! What a fabulous couple!

(-: Heidi
Courtney K said…
all that stitching looks awesome!!
Carla said…
It was worth every stitch! It's gorgeous! No surprise you were chosen for a new team! Your work continues to be out of this world! Congrats, my friend!!
Brandi said…
This is a fabulous layout! That pic of the two of you is so cute!
dstandard said…
FAbulous page Amy - one of the ones I want to tackle this week!
Laurel said…
Wow! Amazing layout and such a great picture of the two of you.
itsallrosi said…
great layout, and a great photo of you 2!
Chunyuan said…
great layout and worth all those stitching, love the pink thread you used. A great photo too.
Lynnda said…
Gorgeous layout sista!!! You nailed the challenge!!! Look at your smile... Killer one eh!!!.... hugs...xoxo
Marie said…
Your paper coordination is fabulous, those patterns look great together. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN.
yyam said…
Check out that stitching! And love the sweet photos!!! :)

Congrats on your new DT gig!!!! :)
Love love love love this!! (sorry bout the machine issues...hate that!)... I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the B&W photos and then the color one!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you did the beams! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Sue Lelli said…
Amy, all of that time sewing was SO worth it! LOVE the B&W pics but the color was FAB, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!
Sherry Eckblad said…
WOWZA! Love this layout and just need to say it is amazing. I saw that challenge when it posted and immediately said "Heck NO!" or something like that.
Audrey Pettit said…
What a fabulous layout, Amy! Love, love, love your take on that sketch. So sorry to hear about the sewing issues, though. What a bother and a half. It was all worth it, though, as this is gorgeous.
And super huge congrats on your new DT gig! How fun!
Sylvia said…
I wondered why I missed this post! This is a fun page, love your layout, Amy!
OHHH! What a gorgeous LO! I love your papers and all that stitching! All that work--TOTALLY worth it:)
Karen B. said…
Wowzers, Amy, congratulations! I love this layout and your new design team is so lucky to have you on board!
Unknown said…
Wonderful layout, Amy! Love all the stitching. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!
Tina said…
Beautiful, beautiful page!
Alice said…
love that photo and the fab color combo you used. fabulous layout, Amy! congrats on making the team, too! =)
Unknown said…
And you're so awesome at LO's too Amy...you do it all! Wow! I love all the details and that stitching looks so perfect...WOW! Such fun pic's...great effect with the last one in color..you guys look adorable!
lisa said…
Great page Amy, Love that colour combo.
Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays! xx
Anonymous said…
so lovely. i especially love that ray effect!!!
Deborah Frings said…
What a wonderful layout - love all the stitched details - so worth it! Great photos too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!
Heather Rogers said…
Fabulous LO Amy! Way to rock those pretty papers and pictures. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)
Hugs~