Hey Cupcake!

Happy Thursday!!!

This week is rolling along quite quickly for me....

Today is my day over on the 365 Cards Blog.

We continue to celebrate KLM Designs Week!

Pam's challenge:

Don't add color to the image, except for one element, which should be glittered. The rest of the image should be a solid color (any color is fine). I want that one element to really pop off the card.

I kept the KLM cupcake image all white...I decided that it would help to make the image POP off of the Speckletone Kraft base. I knew that I wanted the cherry to be the colored/glittered part of the image!

I layered some fabbie ribbon that I picked up at Jennifer Pebbles' garage sale with some PTI polka dot goodness. The button is PTI and the sentiment, A Muse, of course! I had to use silver Martha glitter on the sentiment banner...

Here's a close up of the image...am I cheater pants because I swiss dotted the frosting?

Muwahahaha...

The frosting and the cherry are both fussy cut. I used a dimensional on the frosting piece but just used a glue dot on the cherry.

I hope that you'll join me in the 365 Cards Challenge!!! I can't wait to see what you design!!!

Did you catch my tin from yesterday's post? Today's tin is a recycled watch tin...the lid is the perfect red...

I teamed it up with the delish flocked Making Memories paper {yup, another Jennifer Pebbles buy...}


I didn't want to cover up the flocked goodness on the body of the tin...but added a round MME diecut on the top..it says:

Do not open until the 25th

The striped SU ribbon finishes off the tin that is yet again filled with chocolate!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing my Get Sketchy card along with another Holiday Trunk Show sneak peek...

Comments

Jane said…
Gorgeous projects!!
xo
yyam said…
Ooh...yummy gal...both the cupcake and the chocolates inside the tin! Great job on the upcycling my friend! :)
Dora said…
Wonderful work Amy, love the tin, and he cupcake is great!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the cupcake and it sure POPS on that Kraft cardstock.
Very cool challenge! I love that cupcake card :)
Laurel said…
That card is delicious but that tin, wow, I love it!
Kay said…
That cutie cupcake really does pop off of the craft cardstock! And I'm drooling over that garage sale ribbon. BIG score!

Awesome tin! These are really the perfect gifts! I can't wait to see photos of your Holiday Trunk Show table!
♥♥ Kay
Tammy said…
Really love how you made that cupcake pop!! Great tin project too!
Anonymous said…
`Delicious` Amy I love your tin too!!!TFS:)x
Rose Ann said…
Super cute cupcake card, Amy!! I love the texture and dimension...and your ribbon is fabulous!! Your tin is so beautiful too!!
Piali said…
Yummy!!! I've been looking for pretty tin since yesterday..lol. Really a pretty way to recycle..love it.
Tami said…
Love both of your projects and thanks for the awesome card you sent me. It was such a lovely surprise. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful projects. You always make me smile. Good luck at your next show. I heard on the news last nite Seattle is number one for the worst traffic conjestion. I still want to come visit someday.
Carly said…
I so love that cupcake card!! Too cute! And the tin is amazing as well of course!
Tina said…
Oh my goodness, what sweetness. That tin is beautiful! And the card, well what could be better than a cupcake?!
Lauren said…
Fabulous projects amy. They are both super fun.
Steph said…
Ooooo what a yummy cupcake! I had a mint choc chip cupcake today - oooo naughty! ;)
Sparkplug17 said…
Your card is just darling! I think this would be really challenging for me with only 1 color. You rocked it!
bethchien said…
I love those swiss dot poppy thingys!!! adorable card!! as always!
hope you are having a great week, my friend!
TGIF tomorrow!
B
Julia Aston said…
Wow - who knew a white cupcake could still look yummy! love the embossed bg too!
Alice said…
fabulous projects!!
Aimes said…
OMG! Who'd have thought that not adding colour could have such a dramatic effect?! I LOVE that cupcake - it's totally adorable!
Aimes
x
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Beautiful card. The embossing certainly add to the icing! Luv the tin... well decorated which reminds me I should do mine, the one that holds my embossing folders.
Savitri said…
Divine divine divine!!!! They're both GORGEOUS and love the cupcake and the paper treatment!!!
Joy said…
so cute your card! what a great idea...solid color and one thing colored with glitter! perfect! love the altered tin too! have a good weekend!
Cindy Lee said…
These are swesome!!! You make me want to go out and buy me some Making Memories paper :)
Kristie Larsen said…
i love all the embossed polka dots on that card. and the tin looks fabulous! i wouldn't be able to stand seeing that under a tree and not rip it open in a second flat!
First off - that ribbon on your card is totally YUMMERS!!

Your tin is simply fab too - you are a craft master ;)

xo
ivy said…
love the watch tin all altered with the amy touch! i love altering tea tins and i drink my share of the general foods international coffees (my fave is the hazelnut).
love the cupacake card too!
Vanessa said…
Adorable creations, Amy!! Yumm yumm!

Hugs,
Vanessa
claudia shadler said…
Wow, talk about awesome projects! those tins look very festive!

Hugs
Clouds :D
Regina Easter said…
GOODNESS GRACIOUS I KEEP SAYING THAT I AM GOING TO PLAY ALONG AND THEN I DON'T .... WELL GUESS WHAT I AM SAYING IT AGAIN AND THIS TIME I AM GOING TO PLAY ALONG...WATCH AND SEE....THIS CUPCAKE IS WAY YUMMY AND I SO LOVE ALL YOUR RE-DOING OF THOSE CANS...HUGS
Ann said…
Cuteness! Love what you've been up to lately...sorry I've been MIA. :)
Marlou McAlees said…
wow Amy these are fabulous, love the cupcake and your felt stitching is amazing :) ♥