woodland goodness...

Good Thursday Morning to you!!!

It seems like I haven't posed in weeks and it has 'only' been 3 days..let me give you the deets for today's 365 Cards Challenge:

Patterned Paper
Embellishments
Sentiment

You can only pick 5 things {excludes your card base} to include on your card.

Sounds pretty easy but I tell you, I was sooooooo wanting to include a button and some twine...oy.

All the patterned paper is by Crate Paper...the scallops were done using my Fiskars shape template {traced by hand..old skool}..think ruffles:) The orange striped grosgrain is SU and the sentiment is,, of course, A Muse.

Well, this week has flown by for me...literally. I was actually in Flroida:) I joined 'd' down there. He was taking some classes down there.

Thank goodness for this puppy on the flights:




Aha...here's a fun game for some sweet Jenni Bowlin blog candy...can you guess what was the first download I did on my iPod? Oh boy, smartest thing I did...made the flights {5 & almost 6 hour flights}so soooo fast..**Let's say you have until friday at midnite Pacific time to comment about my iPod**

I do have to say that I was a techie mess for the 1st couple days in Florida...my phone network was down..completely..I could make/receive phone calls/texts but didn't have my address book {seriously, how many of you remember phoen numbers??!!} and no internet/email..what???!! Then I was having issues with my laptop..oh boy, I felt so disconnected. That would be the reason for my lack of commenting on your blogs:)

I was thisclose to meeting Bree of thee famous Get Sketchy blog:) Unfortunately, the timing wasn't right:(

Guess who I did meet up with while I was in the sunny, hot & humide state of Florida??

Naomi of Naomi's Space!!


I felt like I've known her for years...well, I think I have...when did we meet Naomi?
She was soooo sweet to take me to several different scrappy stores...oh boy, did I get some great stuff...all flat, no 12 x 12, nothing sharp...seriously, I didn't need any grief with airport security, can you imagine if they wanted to keep one of my goodies??!!


You now what??

Today I'M most grateful for Naomi...we had such a great time...we laughed...we chatted about everything...she made me ponder things..We did some seriously excellent shopping...It's ALL good!

Comments

Steph said…
Woh there chick-a-dee! Did you mean to do that with the text? Is it an eye test? Cos I've failed! :)

Fabulous card - great idea just using papers - soo effective. x
itsallrosi said…
whoa, crazy text!

love the ruffle-tastic card!
Martha said…
What a great card Amy, it is beautiful!!
I love your card! The colors are so beautiful and its so bright, makes a person perk up and be happy! Very delightful!
Evelin said…
whoa ....reading the text was a challenge! LOL.... so nice that you get to meet up! I wish I can do that with you too! :D

The first thing you downloaded on your iPod? hmmmm.... your own blog? :P
Michelle said…
Cute Cute card Amy.. Glad you're back safe. Looks like FL was a blast. I hate techno glitches. I always keep a list of labels with friends addresses so that I don't run into issues during the holidays when I'm trying to send cards. Don't need that extra stress.. LOL..

Mishy
yyam said…
So pretty Amy! :)

Glad you had a good time in Florida!

I'm guessing some movies...hours of airport waiting just fly by for me when I watch movies on my ipod...
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy ~ Welcome Home and this is an AMAZING card. Love the ruffles and that ribbon ~ I gotta get me some of that.

I would think the first thing you downloaded on your ipod is "blogger reader" for your many blogs that you follow.
Kristie Larsen said…
I love the flounce in this card! Your text is wonky but totally hilarious and a true test of brain function on this wonderful thurs. morning. Welcome home. Your trip looked great!
Courtney Baker said…
Wow yea.. sorry about the text is crazy. Love that card! The layers are so pretty.
Kay said…
I missed you girlie but this card was certainly worth the wait!!! Wonderful scalloped layers with that WAY adorable paper!!! You know I love that ribbon!!!!

Can't read most of your text. Your computer must have gone a little bonkers because it's too early for me to have been drinking. LOL!!! ♥♥ Kay
Laurel said…
Love the card! Looks like you had some fun!
Tina said…
This is one pretty card! Looks like you had a ton of fun!
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE your card Amy...you just have a way with Papers and colors!!
Wow that's some Crazy Text....
Love the Photos....
Rose Ann said…
I love all of your wonderful scalloped layers, and your striped ribbon!! Pretty card!!
Love this card and I was so missing your posts!!!
Rose said…
What a fun card, Amy! Looks like you had fun in Florida :)

BTW - I don't see the crazy text. Maybe it's browser specific? Who knows..
Jenn said…
Your card is fantastic. I am loving the ribbon and all those scalloped layers...it's perfect! :)

Great pics of you and Naomi! :)
Carly said…
This card totally rocks!! I just love the layering and papers. Fab job! And thank you for uploading your AMAZING CC creations to the Flickr gallery!!! OMG they are KILLER!!! Love them all!!
Unknown said…
Fabulous card Amy!! I love the layers and pretty papers - so pretty!! :)
Lauren said…
I love the card!!! The layout is fabulous. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You are right, the text is a little wonky. :)
Sandra MacLean said…
Awww! That's so nice for you to meet your friend!! Sounds like you both had an awesome time too! I hear ya on the iTouch thing too! It's a great babysitter when we need it! LMBO!!
Cindy Lee said…
Lovely card!!
Wow...looks like you are having so much fun! I'm like you too....I don't remember the numbers in my phone except for a few important ones.
TesaB said…
Sounds like you had a great time in Florida! And wowsers, what a totally jaw dropping card!!!
Dora said…
Sounds like lot of fun!
And the card, wow I love all the layers!
Unknown said…
Whoa, that was like a whole page of word verification! Yikes!

From reading some of the other comments, it sounds like you had a great time...yay!

LOVE the card! Those papers are super ca-ute and the ribbon...perfection!

(-: Heidi
Anthonette said…
Cute paper on your card!

I would guess the first thing you downloaded is entertainment for yourself: movies, TV shows, music, etc. That's what I would do for a flight.
Julia Aston said…
I lovey this little scalloped edge DP card Amy! looks like you had a super fun time down in FL! Did you see D at all??!! LOL!!!
Jane said…
Awesome card and gorgeous photos!!
whoistracy said…
This is just adorable Amy! I love those papers together and that ribbon. MUST find some like that here.

Looks like you had a wonderful time- I'm beyond jealous. No scrappy friends near me to have fun with!
xiumaiyuki said…
Ok, I tried...really tried to read all that but failed. :( I think I got the gist of it tho! :) The card came out refreshingly CUTE!!!! Love those layers. Enjoyed looking at your pix in Florida. Did you bring lots of goodies back with you?
Rose said…
yea your blog finaly opened for me! have been having bloger isues today. you sure made a hard challenge look easy :0) love the papers and it sounds like you had a great time in Florida!!
Sparkplug17 said…
I love your card...and it seems fine on my computer. Glad you had a great time in Florida! Looks like a fun time and shopping is the best! :)
Kristen H said…
Funky post there, girlie! Love the card though. I never thought of layering scallops like this, but I really like it!!!
Anonymous said…
Love this card! Joan B
bethchien said…
love love love the layers and the scalloped edges on the card!!
and adorable photos!! You are sooo pretty, girl!
They layers are so awesome! Love the paper too! So fun to meet fellow crafters! Have a great weekend!
Anonymous said…
Fantastic with the exception of the techy problems Florida sounds like a winner of a trip, thanks for sharing.........Oh yea the card is great, too!!!! :)
Kelley Eubanks said…
Wow.... that text is crazy!! But your card is adorable! I think Crate Paper is one of my favs... it just feels good not to mention it is gorgeous!!
MicheleV said…
Love your fun, fun, fun card!
Latisha said…
Yes your blog is super wonky lol
You were in Florida!! Where? I live in FL..that would have been so cool to meet.
Vanessa said…
I was already wondering...I thought, wow, she wanted a special effect!? Love your card, the happy colours on Kraft look great!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Chrissie said…
I'm glad it's not just my computer which is diplaying such large overlapping text!
Happily the image of the card is perfect! Beautiful too!
ivy said…
cute card!

glad you met another bloggy friend. now how many is that????
Allison Rankin said…
I won't say anything about the giant font (oh wait, I just did!). Love this card...made one similar today but trashed it (wrecked it right at the end!). Have a good weekend!
Savitri said…
Goodness, talk about huge fonts :P Cute pics!!!!!!
Angie Tieman said…
Oh my word, love this ruffly card!! Totally fabooooo!
Carla said…
That is one crazy post!! Great card, though!! Love the old skool ruffles!!