smiles and cupcakes


I decided to multi-task today...I combined yet another sweet cupcake image from the Cutting Cafe and CPS# 117.
Here's the thing, I can never get sick of cupcake images...they just scream "Happy" to me!!!

I printed the cupcake onto Stampin' Up's Urban Oasis dsp. I've been hoarding a whole lotta SU paper so I hope to use more of it during the next couple of weeks. I had to squeeze in an American Crafts Flair :) I wanted to pop on some sort of ribbon and the kind that worked the best was organdy....hmmm....I actually have all of my organdy in my garage sale pile...maybe I better take out the pale blues and a couple of other colors...both the grosgrain and double faced satin ribbons were just too thick. The little black felt flower is trimmed off of a stripe of adhesive trim...don't remember where I bought the stuff but I like the pop of black on the cupcake.

Please be sure to check out Gloria's project for Cutting Cafe Week over at 365 Cards! She'll be using a different image than a cupcake :)

Oh boy, the kids and I have been having a fun, fun, fun weekend! We took a fabulous walk along the river on Saturday. On Sunday we spent a chunk of time playing tourist and walking around the Pike Place Market and downtown Seattle. We've certainly lucked out with the weather...it's been in the low 70's...absolutely gorgeous!!

Comments

Tina said…
Super fun and oh so cute. I love cupcakes too!
Laurel said…
Cute! I have the same paper and have been hoarding it, perhaps time to pull it out!
Kay said…
Love this card, Amy! No one does cupcakes like you!! ;o)

So glad you're enjoy the holiday weekend with your family! I've been to Pike Place Market and it was so cool! ♥♥ Kay
Barb said…
Another cute cupcake :) Luvin' the colors!
Vicky said…
I'm with you on cupcake images and I love yours paper pieced - so cute!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend...have a Happy Memorial Day!
Susan said…
cute, cute, cute! What a hip color combo, and I love the scalloped mat and the 'smile'!

PPM is always a trip...thanks for the reminder! Happy Memorial Day, up there! love our weather too.
Kristie Larsen said…
this is so cute. i love the paper piecing. just lovely!
Steph said…
Hee hee another cupcake! I'd love to come to your house - I bet it's full of cupcakes! x
Steph said…
Oh and owls! x
Elaine said…
Sweet card in more ways than one! LOL Love the way you designed this one, Amy! And thank you for the reminder to hit Ben Franklin...I'll head over as soon as they open...hopefully before they get busy! :)
Carla said…
Love the wide black base and the pop of black on the cupcake! I also like this cupcake image a lot!
Dora said…
Beautiful card, love that cupcake, beautiful colors, great take on the sketch!

hugs Dora
Ann said…
I'm lovin' your colors and paper pieced cupcake and of course, the flair! Very fun card!
Traveling Mama said…
Super cute card! Love the cupcake- Yum!
Joan B said…
absolutely adore the way you used the patterned paper. you rock!!
Angie Tieman said…
What a sunny and lovely card! Great combination! So happy to hear y'all have had good weather and a nice weekend!
Kristen H said…
This is cute, love that DP, it is awesome. I love houndstooth and gingham, and yellow is so nice!
yeah, I agree that cupcakes are always cute and fun to make whether paper crafting or baking. :) Like the pattern paper you used on the cupcake piecing. very nice!
Rose Ann said…
Super sweet cupcake!! I love the layout and wonderful papers too!! Great job, Amy!!
Jenn said…
What a yummy cupcake card this is! :) I love every detail! :)
Savitri said…
CUTE! Oh, do I have any cupcakes? I need to go through my stamps and purge. I've been on cleaning mode this weekend. I thought I'd have time to do a lot of crafting too but noooooooo... and I still have stuff I want to clean up. My nesting instinct is strong strong strong :P
Linda Beeson said…
Totally sweet cupcake and LOVe what you did with that CPS sketch.
Linda said…
Great Card! It is so much fun!
Janelle said…
Yep, cupcakes always make me smile! I like your take on the sketch.