chock full of 2s4y


This post is full of 2 sketches 4 you....This is for Kazan's sketch 25. The white star is ala Making Memories...it is made of wood...it's suppose to be wall decor. I picked it up at Target awhile back for about $2.50 and I'm finally de-hoarding it. The star designer paper along with the acetate arrow are part of the MME kit I picked up on Peachy Cheap...Can you tell that I glitzed up the sentiment edges with glitter?


This 2nd sketch is by the ultra-talented Savitri...I can't remember how I stumbled upon her most magnificent blog but I'm so glad that I did. She is a fab bloggy friend of mine...that girl continuously cracks me up and also amazes me with all of her talent.

Does the paper look familiar...yup, from the same set as the card I made using Kazan's sketch.

Here are the deets on this particular card...I was asked by my work to make a card for a former co-worker of ours. He recently found out that his cancer was in remission...now how is that for gr8 news!!!! You don't think it looks too girlie with the ribbon, do you? I was going to use white twill instead of the fun orange grosgrain but the white clashed with the vinyl thickers which are more of a "winter white". This card is girnormous...it is a full 8.5 x 11 folded in half. I needed to make it that large to accommodate all the peeps that would be signing it.



Do these sketches look familiar? Yup, they were for the 2s4y Summer DT call. I didn't get the magical email from them so it's safe to post my cards :) I had a ton of fun creating these cards...I tried to think outside the box and think that I really did with Laura's sketch. I used the most fabulous Hambly Screen Prints paper...along with Hambly rub-on's and the good 'ole fashioned Dymo.


I tell you, I did struggle with Kazan's sketch...but like how it turned out...I love teaming chocolate with anything and everything. I used Stampin' Up Designer paper in Groovy Guava. The Journal card is ala the MME kit that I used for the first 2 sketches on this post..I totally splurged and used my chocolate chip satin ribbon...why-oh-why didn't I stock up on that stuff??!!! Anywho's I used my Heidi Swapp distressor on each of the layers to soften the lines...

Whew, thanks for taking the time to look through my entire post..I don't think that I've ever shared 4 cards in one day before :)

I'm going to be out and about today and the weekend...but will be sharing cards...

Today is Pam's Mac Mae Card Kit May reveal...go check it out HERE.

Remember to check back for 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!!

Did you see THIS post? I'm super excited and will post my first project on May 6th.

Happy Friday!!!

Comments

Tina said…
Holy mozell, they are all amazing. You have such a great style!
Steph said…
They are all amazing - well done (they're missing out not having you!) x
Martha said…
Beautiful work Amy!!!!
Have a nice weekend :)
Michele Kovack said…
ALL of these are absolutely fantastic!!! LOVE 'em!
Laurel said…
Wow, fantastic cards!!! I love the gr8 news one and the cards for the DT call are awesome! I didn't get that magic email either... Oh well next time!
Becky Carafa said…
These are most gorgeous! Happy Weekend.
Elaine said…
Wow! GET BUSY, Girl! I love the Gr8 News card something special. It's colorful and very cheery! An absolutely top notch favorite, Amy! You always rock with your creations :) Thanks for your mondo inspiration today!! :)
Kristie Larsen said…
love your cards today... i didn't get the magic email either! LOVE your take on both sketches. great job. and congrats on your limelight position!!!
ivy said…
goodness girl, that IS a ginormous card but it has to be for all the messages from coworkers! the orange ribbon is fun--not girly at all!
Lauren said…
These are so fun. Great idea to use the wall decor!
Savitri said…
These are AWESOME!!! LOVE them all but I do love the one you did based on my sketch the best and it's not cause of the sketch ;P I just think the gr8 news is awesome -- how you laid it out. The DT tryout cards are great too! Too bad you didn't a spot but so so glad you tried! Hopefully next time!!!!
Ann said…
Yummy cards, Amy! Sorry you didn't get the 2 Sketches gig--I love your cards regardless!
kathleenh said…
You're really rockin' the sketches Amy! Congrats on becoming a May 7 Six Chick!
Unknown said…
Ooooh, total eye candy Amy!Love em all!

Still crossing my fingers for sunshine!

(-: Heidi
xiumaiyuki said…
All these are FAB!!! simple yet stunning! I'm shocked that you didn't make the sketches DT...they don't know what they're missing!

Happy Friday to you, too!
Peet said…
They are all gorgeous Amy!!! Great work!
Joy said…
you have been busy! so many cards! love all your creations. you are so fancy with all these things to add to the card! such wonderful DP! TFS and have a great weekend!
Sparkplug17 said…
I love all of your cards! Have a fabulous weekend my dear.
Unknown said…
Hi Amy
You know how much we LOVE your work and you! These cards are all amazing (including the last two!!!!) You are part of our family always.
Hugs
Kazan
cnelson said…
All these cards are absolutely fabulous! I just love your work!
Kay said…
Amy, look at all these FAB cards!! My oh my!!! You've got crazy talent!! Yes, I'm in love with the Hambly Screen paper and the chocolate chip satin ribbon! Oh my goodness...can you imagine those two together!? Sorry..my mind started wandering. LOL!!! ♥♥ Kay
Carla said…
You STUD! All these gorgeous cards at once? They are wonderful! Love the wooden star! Yes, I can see the glitter and it looks awesome! No, the orange ribbon is not girly-it's festive and fun and celebratory!
~Lori Roop said…
Fabulous Amy!! There's some GREAT work here! YGG!! :)
Stacey said…
Loving ALL your work lady! How on earth is the star card staying upright with that gorgeous wooden star?! You are the queen of simplicity, you do it so well! ~♥~
lauren bergold said…
well i for one am SHOCKED...i think you'd be an AMAZING fit at 2S4Y...and how could they resist *THESE* cards, especially??!?!?! probably they just feel you'd outshine all the other gals...yeah...i think that must be it. (& it's hard to argue with that, frankly!!!) you go, girl!!! you are a ONE WOMAN inspirational DT alllllll your own!!!
Vicky said…
Wow!! Awesome cards!!! Love the male/female one - such a creative spin on that sketch.
Angie Tieman said…
Wow! Look at all those fabulous 2S4Y cards!! You are awesome with their sketches!
Rose Ann said…
Oh my goodness...what a fabulous grouping of cards, Amy!! I love each and every one!!
Pam said…
Well, I think these cards are gorgeous, and I'd pick you to be on my DT in a heartbeat...oh, wait a minute, I already did ;)