inspired by Design*Sponge


I love the color yellow, it is such a happy color. I don't seem to use it much in my card designs though...hmm...why is that? Perhaps because I tend to use the same colors over and over again? LOL This color combo is definitely out of my comfort zone but I saw this on Design*Sponge and it reminded me of the Stampin' up Riot of Petals.

That is what I love about creativity...inspiration is

e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!

I can't believe that I discovered google reader just this year. Blurfing is such a guilty pleasure of mine...so much to see...I don't just have stamping...scrapbooking...crafty blogs to look at...I have a ton of design blogs...wedding blogs {no, I'm not getting married but man, there is serious inspiration in those blogs}...I even have a blog that is called cakewrecks...that one is hilarious! It is typically filled with cake typos. I just told my friend {hi p!} that she should send in a picture of her son's birthday cake. It had:

Happy Birthday Copper!

Hmmm....yes, his name is Cooper...lol.

I'd love for you to share your non-crafty blogs that you follow...I'm always up for adding more to my reader :)

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
This is gorgeous!! The colors look amazing and I love the way you wrapped the design around to the back of the card! Fabulous!
Jenn said…
Gorgeous card!!! I love the colors...it's just beautiful!!! :D
Lauren said…
This is beautiful - love the colors you took from the inspiration piece.
Janine said…
Amy just beautiful and such a great interpretation of the pic below!!!
Allison Rankin said…
Great work...neat inspiration!
Anonymous said…
ooh-la-la awesome colors
Catherine said…
Amy, this is awesome :)
Julia Aston said…
I love your wonderful card inspired by the sponge! Perfect translation! I love how you stamped around to the back of the card!
Latisha said…
beautiful card!
I like to follow the pioneer woman cooks, fun fun blog
Carolina said…
Just brilliant! You did an amazing job capturing the inspiration piece.
Savitri said…
Wow! This is just GORGEOUS, Amy!!! LOVE the beautiful stamp flower!!
Rose Ann said…
Such a beautiful card from your inspiration piece!! Love it, Amy!!
Carla said…
What is this Google Reader? You know I'm such a technoilliterate! (I made that up!)

The card is so very cool, the colors really pop! I don't use yellow, either. Hmm. What's that all about?