Urban Fleur


I have been commissioned to design a card for a gal that just recently became engaged. No pressure, the gal that is commissioning the card is ultra picky and the gal that has become engaged is very savvy...she works in Los Angeles for a major clothing designer. This is my first stab at a design...I also completed another one today that I'll post tomorrow. I have a couple other designs brewing. I tell you, there is sooooo much inspiration everywhere that it is simply overwhelming.

I love Basic Grey and the Urban Couture line is simply gorgeous. In my perfect world, the beaded ribbon would have been darker...thought I would try to smudge some Holtz ink on it but thought it might make it look dirty rather than shabby chic! You can't really tell but I did use the old janome to stitch the front panel of the pocket card.
------------------------------------------
stamp: inkadinkado ink: versafine vintage sepia paper: basic grey urban couture accessories: ribbon from j's and janome.
------------------------------------------
This weekend the weather has been perfect. Yesterday we spent the afternoon on the Seattle Waterfront at the Aquarium...then headed out to dinner. The kids had to stop and do some Mother's Day shopping so I gave them $$...oh well, it is the thought that counts. I wanted to join them in Michael's but they wouldn't let me...probably for the best...lol.

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
Wow! This is gorgeous! I thought immediately it looked like fancy textiles. The damask and beaded fringe is so yummy!
Anonymous said…
You're so good at finding these vintage papers AND using them. I'd buy paper or something pretty and just stare at them because they're too pretty.

That's so sweet of your kids, even if they did ask for $$ :D Children :D:D

Oh, yeah, not going to tell about the raw fish deal. She'll find out one day, I'll just let her love it for now. As for the Amy Butler... wish I could have bought them all!!! If I were single, wow, I'd be living in a nice small apartment, little card, walking distance to work, cook once a week for the whole week and hoard, hoard, hoard :D
Beautiful Amy! Love the paper you've chose, it's gorgeous for a haute couture design like this!